Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Complete Home Services
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Newbie" here from the currently "Frozen South". Burbs of Birmingham.

I'm the owner of a small residential remodeling-maintenance/repair company. Been in business for myself just under a year. Loving it! Wish I had done this 15 yrs ago!

I have close to 25 yrs experience in and around the industry... Started as a ditch digger, nail driver, lumber toter in the summers of high school and college, worked on a framing crew for a couple of years, high end remodeling for a few yrs, helped build swimming pools, cabinet service and warranty mngr, sales of termite treatments/business developement with developers and homebuilders and seems like everything in between.

Was "downsized" a couple of yrs ago, and was eventually "forced" to do something. Like I said, I wish I had started this company yrs ago when the economy was booming. There's still a niche' for a lot of smaller remodeling/handyman work right now though. Staying fairly busy, but as always...it could be better.

High end remodeling was a tremendous learning experience for me. I was around and performed so many aspects of residential construction. There's a lot of things I can do myself, but naturally I subcontract a lot of it also.

Anyway, just found this forum today, and as you can tell, I'm typing on here right now instead of working on these two proposals in front of me. Back to work! :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Need advise with any screening project give me a shout on the board or by email - Happy to give advise.

·
Complete Home Services
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Everyone!

I can already see where this place is addicting just by browsing through all the topics of discussion! It seems there are some great folks here with all types of knowledge and experience. Looking forward to sharing, learning and interacting with everyone.

Bob

·
Registered
440 Posts
Welcome to CT Bob

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Welcome aboard.:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts