Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just started college and I don't know what I'm gonna do with my life .I find real estate interesting ,but I don't know to much about it .I read how people buy old houses tear them down and build new ones thats a good idea but I bet it cost alot ,what about buying property and building a house on it how much would that be?

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Obviously buying a house and tearing it down will cost more than buying vacant land due to the demolition process. Vacant land is hard to come buy in "hot spots".

Both of these activities can be VERY PROFITABLE. How much is it? That's like asking how much is a car. Unless we know what kind of car you are looking for and what area you are looking to buy in, we can't really give you a price.

Every house costs different, depending upon many features etc. www.coolhouseplans.com has generic house plans and estimated building costs, though I have found these estimates to be low.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
real estate

Letty said:
Hi,

I just started college and I don't know what I'm gonna do with my life .I find real estate interesting ,but I don't know to much about it .I read how people buy old houses tear them down and build new ones thats a good idea but I bet it cost alot ,what about buying property and building a house on it how much would that be?
Letty,
If you are interested in real estate but do not want to put money into it I may have something for you. I am a loan officer and what I do is take a client and find a loan that is good for them. The Firm I work under is Continuum Financial. If you are interested in making money let me know.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Grumpy said:
David and Letty one post each... Hmmm I smell spam.
ha! right on the money grump! No wonder your so good at tetris, you can really put the pieces together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts