Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a selfemployed Illinois licensed Architect. My work is residential focused but my work experience includes commercial, industrial, church, community, museum.

I hear from the trades out in the field, that I am one of the those rare architects that visits the jobsites during construction. I have to say that I am saddened by that because I have learned a lot from the field in my contact and discussions with the trades. They have given me much insight on "in the field situations, and practicalities". I have a lot of respect for the experienced craftsmen who take the time to share their knowledge as well as are open to hearing some of the reasoning behind the design and detailing. I appreciate those that approach each project as someone's home of business, and not just another jobsite to work at.

I look forward to participating in this forum and learning from this forum.

Kycym

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Brickie,
I'm in the Chicago area. I've done projects in the City, surrounding suburbs and surrounding counties. One of my repeat retail clients had me do retail projects in Wisconsin, Texas, NY, NJ, Colorado,Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Alabama, Michigan, and Ohio. I got reciprocity there, but since those were only one time projects in those states, I didn't keep my licenses there active too long. It would've gotten expensive.

If I can get there by car, I'll do the project.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts