Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Rick I've been doing this type of work for 27 years. Started out as a helper for a siding installer. I did siding for roughly seven years and got burned out on it so moved on to framing which it did for another seven years.

My sister hooked up with a residential builder, needless to say I went to work with him. I learned a lot from the guy he had me on pretty much all phases of building houses from the ground up. He developed some health issues and retired so I moved on the a home improvement co.

There I had a sub crew that did home improvements of all kinds, siding, decks, additions, porches, screen porches, remodels, and renovations etc...

Well I'm no spring chicken and started thinking about my later years in life. There will come a time that I won't be able to do the work so I set out on my own to try to establish a business name in my area doing home improvements.

It hasn't been easy, last winter was brutal! But so far 2009 has been the best year yet. I'm about to finish a complete renovation that took us five weeks. (what can I say the dry wallers and painters held us up) ;) And the home owners did too (they change the trim color on the siding and paint)

Oh well, good to meet you.

--Rick

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome to CT, Rickle. You say hello almost a week ago, and no-one says hello back? What can I say, this a strange place sometimes.
Thanks for your back-story, glad you're having a good year. Get over on general discussion and tell us the secret!
I'm pretty new here myself, but my advice is, if you wanna play, grab the ball.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
yeah same here . We're chasing mystery ghosts and one year old posts! LOL

Love South Carolina!!!

When I worked in NC (Lumberton, Fayetville)for a year I visted Myrtle beach every other Weekend FOR OBVIOUS reasons.;)

LOVE the hospitality!!!!:thumbup:

Welcome and have fun here.(it can be a good place to learn too!):clap:

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi Rick,
Welcome to the site. Always good to see a SC boy doing well.
Where 'bouts in the upstate? From what I've been reading, G'ville/Spartanburg is starting to boom again. We're still beating the bushes for the jobs around Chesterfield but keeping our heads above water. It gives me more time to shoot the sheet on CT.
Good luck in your new biz.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi there! Thanks for the welcomes. We cover the Greenville area but are based in Simpsonville. And yes the girls are as hot as our summers.:w00t:

Rick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts