Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's good to find a forum full of people with sawdust in their veins. :clap:I truly believe it takes a very different type of person to build anything and then have the desire to do it again and again. We all work everyday to become better at our specific trades and, no matter how good you are, you still gain knowledge and wisdom each day. I love building. It's something that comes naturally to me, so, sometimes it seems like a job, but most of the time I wonder how I get paid for doing what I do. I'm looking forward to meeting other members and becoming active in the community.

That being said, something specific drew me to look into construction forums and similar websites. The residential construction market is growing steadily in D/FW and the owner of the company I work for is attacking this opportunity very aggressively. It's paying off with one drawback. The labor trades are still not plentiful enough to keep up with our needs. Specifically I'm looking to speak with qualified framers but I look forward to all of the connections I will make here.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Hey hey, I'm in dallas too and if you need some laborers or crews I can and will gladly help you out with that. I have a few amazingly well connected individuals that I can call for any job any time and he sends me experienced guys. Prices are where you want them and quality is nothing less than professional. I offer help because I like to see people suceed, not because I see an opportunity for personal gain.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
You're right, and if it took any more effort than a few phone calls on my part, or required any of my time, I would tax it. But sometimes its just easier to make the connection and go about my life. Especially if its not my trade or it complicates things too much, or if it causes the price to be over inflated.

Its been frustrating to me in the past when I've seeked assistance thru a middleman and found out at a later time that just because the middleman couldn't make as much as he wanted, he wouldn't make the connection.

It was even more frustrating when I found out what he wanted to make was more than the entire labor crew was getting.

SO, I should have worded that more appropriately... Im not opposed to helping someone out just for the sake of helping them and I don't expect anything for doing it nor will i keep tabs... I would hope though, that the favor would be reciprocated in time if it were needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts