Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey miks, which region in Alaska are you located and what are you building? Would love to see some photos.

There are several users of the design SoftWare I use who operate in Alaska....might be able to connect you with them.;)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I live in southcentral on the Kenai Peninsula. I build whatever some one will pay me to. Usually vacation homes/etc. I'm from Sand Springs and have family in the Tulsa and surrounding areas.

Mountainous landforms Mountain Highland Mountain range Natural landscape

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Welcome to the club. I will be on a job site by Tulsa if you would like to hook up for lunch...I keep inviting Cole, but can't pin him down.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Beautiful house.How much is it?

It sold last October (08) for an even 4 million. (Above 3.8 asking price during the '08 financial crash) :blink:

It's in Oklahoma City in the gated Gaillardia development.

Has a lake to the right side (as you can see), a golf fairway and green on the back of the home (not seen), and behind the photographer across the street from the front is a 40' waterfall. (Also not seen)

This home was in a charity show benefiting the YWCA for battered women and children in January '09 with each of the $15.00 admission ticket proceeds going directly to the organization.

It was a smashing success with over 6500 tickets sold.

In the weeks before the home was available for the YMCA show, private catered parties were booked by several local dignitaries, don’t know what those raised as it is private information.

However the builder hosted his own private catered event one evening that had over 600 invited attendees that were ferried via local limo’s from a central location outside the development, and the celebrities and political figures that somehow showed up that were not on the original invitations blew our minds. As it turns out many of the influential invitees took it upon themselves to include others with them.

I've got interior HD video of the home on youtube accessible from my website.

Can’t post a link as I haven’t enough posts yet.:sad:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome to the club. I will be on a job site by Tulsa if you would like to hook up for lunch...I keep inviting Cole, but can't pin him down.
Lets plan on it in near future....not sure of my schedule this comming week....may have to be going to meetings....with possible future clients.

In addition to appointments with my Doctor:sad:

How can we contact by email? or otherwise?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Andy,

Yes, you are correct. I built my website back in 2004 W/ frontpage. At the time everyone thought it was very cool and, for several years, I kept everything organized and up to date.

However, for the last couple of years, I have become a little lazy with it as I have been somewhat overwhelmed with new design buisness....only adding tidbits here and there on the second page with no links.

I agree it does need a major overhaul which will soon be in the works.

Concerning Cad....I use Softplan V14 only at this point. So all renderings you see on my website are / and have been done with SP starting with SP V10....(The Majorty of them done W/ v10).

Envisioneer:

I still own a very early version of Cadsoft Build and Cadsoft has offered me a very good upgrade to Envisioneer 5 at a very good price.

I think I will go with it as I can export DWG files from SP and import same into ENV. and take advantage of other features such as interior walk throughs and exterior fly arounds.

Chow :no:

Rick

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nice to see another Okie. Welcome. Ya another Gaylord project built on the prairie from scratch. I'm glad I live in Choctaw/Harrah away from all the hub bub. T-town is pretty, I resided at 5500 Lewis for a while years ago. I got a house in the Village up for sale now, listed for 128 grand. Wished it looked like that house, ha.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here is another at the opposite end of the spectrum. From my website:

THIS HOMEWAS CUSTOM DESIGNED FOR A TEXAS DEVELOPER ON AN ISLAND IN TEXAS IN THE MID 1980's.
THERE WERE SEVERAL MATURE TREES EXISTING ON THE ISLAND AND I DESIGNED THE HOME TO FIT AROUND THEM.
ON THE BACK SIDE OF THIS VIEW THERE IS A HELIPORT THAT WAS BUILT ATOP THE PRIVATE SLIP FOR HIS MOTOR YACHT.
I AM PARTIAL TO SAILING....HENCE MY SAIL BOAT SUPERIMPOSED IN THE LOWER LEFT.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts