Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Ed here. Dabbled in different types of construction from high school in 93 till I got on a tract house trim crew in 98, starting working on high end custom homes in 2001. Bounced around a little in trim/remodeling until I hooked up with a builder in 2005. Been doing his remodel and trim work at hourly rates since. My good friend from high school (Jared) has worked with me the whole time. I've always been asked by lumber salesman and others to take on more work as quality speaks for itself. Last summer I made the plunge, took an apartment remodel job (100 units), took Jared and hired two more. Now we have a new apartment complex about to trim and tons of custom work coming in from two builders.

Found this site about a year ago doing some research on tools. Instantly got it that a lot of the guys here like the tools and methods we use. Dug deeper and like that quality work seems the norm rather than the exception here. Already learned a ton here about how to compete with hacks. Not sure who said it, but I can't and I won't. If your not willing to pay for quality your not somebody I want to work for anyways.

Looking forward to adding what I can and learning from the trim and tool sections, and learning lots about the business side of everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts