Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd post a quick introduction.
Been in and out of construction industry since mid 80s, employed about 8 yrs none in the last 20. Worked for commercial gc, residential tract home gc, did some finish carpentry, vinyl siding installer & roofing, and a remodeler. Made a change into computers and corporate life but that's over. Branching out now to general remodeling on my own.

All work is currently friends and family, much of it is trial by fire. Sadly over the last few years I've learned that alot of my early training was not from the best in class, lol. Gone back and corrected a lot of bad work by some so-called pros. Completed a couple of complete gutouts which turned out well, lots of window replacements, tile & baths and enough drywall to know that I'll never specialize in it :whistling:whistling

Sending thanks to the active participants for passing on their hard earned knowledge in an effort in improve the industry standards in general.

There are more hacks and than pros.

Thanks,
Bo

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome.
ProWallGuy, going through the "Post a pic of your jobsite" thread (up to 04/09 lol) and you do some amazing work.
I live in a home built by the #1 or #2 builder and it's shining example of crap that shouldn't be done or allowed but that's probably the way it always will be.
I'm also a locksmith and that industry is full of trunk slammers, seems that there's a lot of sludge at the bottom of the pile ;). Seems that any industry that you need very little startup (to be a trunk slammer w/ tail light warranties) is rife with sludge.

I'm all about the teaching to fish and more importantly "critical thinking" on tackling challenges.

Again, thank you all for the open welcome!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts