Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just wanted to swing by..... ;) looking for info about dry wall jobs on the Island of Kauai . I have ten years experience and all the automatic taping tools to do any drywall protect... Hang Tape and Texture:thumbup: .....call me huuuuuu :thumbsup: Happy Gobble Gobble

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats a construction job with out coffee?

hey thanks for the welcome back dougchips:thumbsup:...anyway how construction in your neck of the woods going?/ it is slow here on Kauai but gas pries are below three bucks....I hoping to see the economy get better :clap:

·
Insert title
4,692 Posts
Oil prices are low so homeowners are not doing their normal pay the window man or pay the oil man thing. On the flip side I am able to fill up my trucks for $1.799 a gallon! Overall I've seen better years but we still have work compared to all of the companies that are vanishing.

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so I see rhode Island is still doing well good to herethis wow the gas is really low there thats fantastic...man God is on our side ...Obamab might really make the worl a better place will see ....lol

·
Registered
992 Posts
Oil prices are low so homeowners are not doing their normal pay the window man or pay the oil man thing. On the flip side I am able to fill up my trucks for $1.799 a gallon! Overall I've seen better years but we still have work compared to all of the companies that are vanishing.

I just read the other day that you guys have the 2nd heighest unemployment second only too michigan. It said right around 9%

·
Insert title
4,692 Posts
I just read the other day that you guys have the 2nd heighest unemployment second only too michigan. It said right around 9%
In MA or RI? Aside from one of my neighbors who just lost his job I don't know any unemployed people. I know some not overly happy about where they are employed people but it's not like the early 90's at all around here.

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
employed people but it's not like the early 90's

In MA or RI? Aside from one of my neighbors who just lost his job I don't know any unemployed people. I know some not overly happy about where they are employed people but it's not like the early 90's at all around here.
I agree the 90s was word of month period....now with advaned internet technology and the information age it makes finding out about a company easier....if your website is not online then you may not be part of this dawn.

lol siding is always a good trade im a drywaller maybe Oahu might be better for me in construction

1 - 9 of 9 Posts