Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Newblet
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is my intro. My name is John, 26 years old, been renovating and remodeling houses for about 10 years now. Built my first 2 story home last year, several additions, big on kitchen and bath remodels. Its not a whole lot that I cant do other than H VAC/Plumbing/Electrical. I just established my company ("Affordable Creations Construction") in the Richmond area. And this is my first business ever owned and operated. Prior to this business I ran a small outfit, pretty much did everything other than share the profit. So I decided to spread my wings and fly. Which I can say I am very proud of myself and its been a long time accomplishment, thats a reality now. I passed the Class A contractors test on the first go round, but only applied for the Class B contractors license. Got my CGL/workerscomp business license, bank account. I just need something to do ;). Went to go look at my first job today as Affordable Creations. Drove 44 miles to get there and the homeowner never showed up. "I will be there in 10-15 minutes" he said. As I waited there for over an hour. Kinda disappointed but if the guy couldnt meet me on time, he prob wouldnt pay on time either. So maybe it was for the best.

I guess this will suffice for an intro, and I hope to network with a few guys in here from VA.

:clap:John Allen:clap:

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I wish I'd a got my license at 26.

I had other things in mind back then. :shifty:

Welcome to Contractor Talk.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Welcome!!

Your reading on the customer was "Right Good" to use the terms used by my old friend from just SE of Richmond.

Correction - He was from west of SW of Richmond. Since I lived in the Tidewater for a few years, I know the difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts