Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
301 - 320 of 371 Posts

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
I graduated a mere 32 years after you
I'm arguing with a 30 year old. A millennial. No phucking wonder.

Something about forest and trees.

Unfortunately the modern education system has turned your generation fully pinko.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
run it by president Trump....see if he believes it will be cost effective.

Points missed:

#1 Most of these cases involve cannabis only

#2 In all cases it deals with simple possession and use

#3 The sale, manufacture, and distribution still remains illegal.

The third point is paramount because the drug trade is a world wide phenomena.
Trump is a mediocre business man judging by his history.

1. You cited the article not me.

2. What's your point?

3. I'm well aware but a reduction in regulation did not yeild an increase in consumption.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I'm arguing with a 30 year old. A millennial. No phucking wonder.

Something about forest and trees.

Unfortunately the modern education system has turned your generation fully pinko.
Despite the fact you are twice my age I'm betting I have more education than yourself.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Y'alls have high standards up there. Not many of us down here are billionaire tycoons.
Not many of us were given millions of dollars from our parents and I doubt many of us have gotten a billion dollar bailout on top of government protection.

His actual business success is rather poor.

·
This space for lease
5,323 Posts
Not many of us were given millions of dollars from our parents and I doubt many of us have gotten a billion dollar bailout on top of government protection.

I heard one or two million. That's not much for real estate in NYC. Don't know where you get the billion dollar bailout and government protection from. Cartoon shows?

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts

·
Radical Basement Dweller
17,710 Posts
Thank God they have both Justin's.

Our version of Trudeau only has a few weeks left.

Reactions: Calidecks

·
This space for lease
5,323 Posts
:rolleyes:

Do your own research, he's no Warren Buffet or Bill Gates.
You made a claim that you can't support, don't blame it on me. The guys you mentioned are among the wealthiest on Earth. That's called moving the goal posts. When I went to school we learned that bs is a poor substitute for scholarship.

·
Registered
12,560 Posts

Your REALLY going to put me in a position to defend Trump? Dude tell me how a business that employs 10's of THOUSANDS of employees WORLDWIDE across MANY business models is a poor business success? His Dad didn't GIVE him millions, he loaned it to him when he started which he paid back...

I'm quite sure his dad helped him with business connections as he mentored him in the same way he did for his kids, as would most parents.

The guys has his hands in 530 business entities and has filed bankruptcy four times over decades of business through multiple recessions and parlayed his failures to the success he has now... I don't know of ANY business that has perfect run... honestly, based on the numbers alone, I'm surprised they weren't able to find more shenanigans among what is most likely MILLIONS of transactions/year in his business... never mind over decades... but here's a hint, banks don't keep loaning you money unless the believe it can it back out of you...

Regardless of what money was loaned to him or he later inherited, he still built what he did employing LOTS of taxpaying people along the way and from what I've read benefiting charities in the ten's of millions...

While I have my extreme frustrations with the guy, trying to pretend he's not successful from a business standpoint is some pretty weak tea...

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
You made a claim that you can't support, don't blame it on me. The guys you mentioned are among the wealthiest on Earth. That's called moving the goal posts. When I went to school we learned that bs is a poor substitute for scholarship.
Six bankruptcies aren't enough? He has 830 million of skin in the game and had to have banks help him out to meet the interest payments.

“I do play with the bankruptcy laws—they’re very good for me” as a way of cutting debt

I've been fvcked over in bankruptcies, as far as I'm concerned anyone that uses bankruptcies at a tool should be shot.

Thank God they have both Justin's.

Our version of Trudeau only has a few weeks left.
Yeah, we have the opposite problem, I get to look forward to higher taxes and more refugees. Any room left below that 49th for me?

·
This space for lease
5,323 Posts
Six bankruptcies aren't enough? He has 830 million of skin in the game and had to have banks help him out to meet the interest payments.

“I do play with the bankruptcy laws—they’re very good for me” as a way of cutting debt

I've been fvcked over in bankruptcies, as far as I'm concerned anyone that uses bankruptcies at a tool should be shot.
We're 20 trillion dollars in debt. 100 trillion in unfunded liabilities. What do you call that?

·
This space for lease
5,323 Posts
Back on topic:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...d-protein-deceased-addicts-persists-week.html
Addictive cravings are still persistent after death, finds a new study.

A protein in the reward center of the brain is altered in those suffering from a chemical dependency – it is split off and shortened.

Following numerous autopsies, Austrian researchers found the modified protein in deceased heroin addicts - suggesting cravings for the stimulus continued after their death.

The protein, called FosB, is a transcription factor in the brain which, together with other molecules, is involved in so-called signal transduction (transmission of stimuli to the cells).

It is said to convey genetic information between the cells and also determines whether certain genes are activated or not.

FosB is part of the activating protein AP1, which is involved with regulating gene expression in response to a range of stimulus, including stress and bacterial infections.

Due to a constant supply of drugs, such as heroin, FosB turns into DeltaFosB, which is increasingly stimulated in cases of chronic use and even influences growth factors and structural changes (neuronal plasticity) in the brain - approximately in the region where memory is formed.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Your REALLY going to put me in a position to defend Trump? Dude tell me how a business that employs 10's of THOUSANDS of employees WORLDWIDE across MANY business models is a poor business success? His Dad didn't GIVE him millions, he loaned it to him when he started which he paid back...

I'm quite sure his dad helped him with business connections as he mentored him in the same way he did for his kids, as would most parents.

The guys has his hands in 530 business entities and has filed bankruptcy four times over decades of business through multiple recessions and parlayed his failures to the success he has now... I don't know of ANY business that has perfect run... honestly, based on the numbers alone, I'm surprised they weren't able to find more shenanigans among what is most likely MILLIONS of transactions/year in his business... never mind over decades... but here's a hint, banks don't keep loaning you money unless the believe it can it back out of you...

Regardless of what money was loaned to him or he later inherited, he still built what he did employing LOTS of taxpaying people along the way and from what I've read benefiting charities in the ten's of millions...

While I have my extreme frustrations with the guy, trying to pretend he's not successful from a business standpoint is some pretty weak tea...
He was born a rich kid and worked for daddy from day one until he was handed the multi million dollar company. Yeah real self made man.

301 - 320 of 371 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.