Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres some pics of that little azek job I was talking about a little while ago. Like I said its nothing special:laughing: not like the stuff you post! There was two identical windows. My freakin camera batteries died after I took pics of the first one finished. I keep meaning to get back there and get some finished painted pics, but its not in an area that I usually drive.

I had originally priced doing the soffit and fascia on the two windows too, but the HO refused it to save some money. The original wood is still in great shape though.

Dave

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
That looks awesome! You definitely need to go back for painted pics though, you'll regret it if you don't.:thumbup:

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
It's amazing how a few simple moldings give such a dramatic effect. Is that Ogee base cap?

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!

Yup thats the basecap lone

I think the only thing that slowed me down was glueing everything and I mean everything:laughing: I'm pumped though, I have a single bigger walk out bay to do on a lot older house, it will be a lot more decorative . All in azek, thats probly gonna have to wait til the spring though.

Dave

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Thanks guys!

Yup thats the basecap lone

I think the only thing that slowed me down was glueing everything and I mean everything:laughing: I'm pumped though, I have a single bigger walk out bay to do on a lot older house, it will be a lot more decorative . All in azek, thats probly gonna have to wait til the spring though.

Dave
What brand glue did you end up using? Spring sounds like a winner on the walkout, PVC is very cold to the touch in the winter.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What brand glue did you end up using? Spring sounds like a winner on the walkout, PVC is very cold to the touch in the winter.:thumbsup:
I ended up just going with the azek brand glue, thats all thats available around here other than regular pvc cement and it only a few more bucks than the regular stuff. I ended up using two of the big cans:laughing: It may have been a waste, but when I put the 1"x over the 3/8" sheets I laminated it with glue.

Dave

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
I ended up just going with the azek brand glue, thats all thats available around here other than regular pvc cement and it only a few more bucks than the regular stuff. I ended up using two of the big cans:laughing: It may have been a waste, but when I put the 1"x over the 3/8" sheets I laminated it with glue.

Dave
Not a waste in my opinion. The better the coverage, the less likely it will be for dirt to get behind there, as well as water, that will freeze/thaw and could cause problems.:notworthy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts