1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,786 Posts
Cougars?

·
GC/carpenter
40,543 Posts
There's a couple Bobcat I get to see often when I'm golfing at my local course. Beautiful animals.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
17,766 Posts
We should be reading about recipes in the "Anyone cook" thread soon......:laughing:

·
Radical Basement Dweller
17,766 Posts
If I get one trapped next week, I'll drop the carcass at the local chinese restaurant:laughing:
I think they prefer them alive....

·
Registered
834 Posts

·
Focusing on solutions.
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
any big kitties there? we've never had them for years, and now are starting to see a few.

If ya listened to all they stories of people who see mountain lions, you'd swear they were behind every tree. But in truth, there's have been 13ish confirmed cases of big cats according to the Missouri Dept of Conservation. I'm sure theres been more than that, but they're very rare in MO.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
If ya listened to all they stories of people who see mountain lions, you'd swear they were behind every tree. But in truth, there's have been 13ish confirmed cases of big cats according to the Missouri Dept of Conservation. I'm sure theres been more than that, but they're very rare in MO.
they do travel. there was a mountain lion tagged as a cub near spearfish, south dakota...hit by a car 5 years later in connecticut, 1500 miles away

·
Focusing on solutions.
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
they do travel. there was a mountain lion tagged as a cub near spearfish, south dakota...hit by a car 5 years later in connecticut, 1500 miles away

The MDC claims that most of the big cats that come through here are young males traveling from SD. They've yet to confirm a female mountain lion in MO. But with all the privately owned big cats, it's just a matter of time before there's a breeding population.

I've got a buddy who's an MDC agent. At one time, part of his job, was to inspect
private owned mountain lions. One time, he showed up to inspect & was told all 3 cats had died. MDC didn't have anything in his rules, that said he had to investigate whether the cats had actually died, or if they were just released. SMH:eek:

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
This cow/calf set of moose were across the street from where I was framing a month and a half ago

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts