Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. I'm new to all this. My dad owens a small business. I'm trying to help him get a logo and web site. He is set in his ways. But he is getting old and doesn't have anything for retirement. So I have about about 10 yrs to make this small business a big one so you can sell it to me and retire.

I need help doing this. I need someone that has done this. Any help or pointers.

I found a deluxe.com to help. Have any of you used them?

·
Banned
15 Posts
If you're serious, there are plenty of resources online to help you.

Haven't seen deluxe.com. Some good sites for web hosting are squarespace.com, wix.com, web.com, and even godaddy.com. They will cost a little each month for hosting.

Google "free logo designers" or "makers" for several logo sites. Most of them let you design for free and then sell you the rights.

Good luck.

·
Kowboy
2,579 Posts
I can spot a DIY home improvement from the street, as many here can do. I can spot a DIY website right away also.

When you're serious about looking good, you go to a taylor, not KMart. Same here.

·
Pro
2,859 Posts
Give us some info . Does he do just siding . Is it subs doing the work . It help setting plans to reach goals . Growing a business to sell is hard to do in the construction world . Websites can be a great for growing income . But has to be part of a plan to build in a market place .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We're building a home starting Septembers 1st. He just bought a home to flip. But we do a ton of siding and deckc overs.

I'm only 23 and had a different job until about a year ago. I just want to help his business take the next step. He has a lot of repeat and referrals.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,429 Posts
What are you saying?
What Kowboy is saying is that with rare exceptions, if you want to project a professional image, you are going to have to hire a professional to design your website. Unless you have experience in that field, it will most probably look very much like what it is--homemade.

Building the business in the way you envision is going to take some cash and a lot of hard work. Good luck. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. That is why I'm here. I have a small amount to get it started. I would be paying people to run the site. I just want opinions on who to use. If its good and works for you all it will work for us.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.