Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am helping a friend get his QB set up. He does not know which company type he originally used when he set it up his way. I know he is not set up as a "Service Professional." I don't want to start from scratch because he's got a lot of info. already in QB. How do I switch business types and make sure all of his data gets transferred- without starting over.
thanks!
A

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I can't answer your question with 100% accuracy, but there is an export function in quickbooks. I know this does not export ALL of the data but may be of some assistance.

You can use service invoices and forms no problem. What is it you are trying to gain by switching company type? Everything can be manipulated, it's my beleif that the company type is only for a quick start setup.

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
That's my understanding of it also grumpy. Any of the items that it's not tracking that may be wanted can be easily added in without having to start over. I think you would be better off to print out the chart of accounts and review what is needed and not needed - then start inputting and deleting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts