Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Also , wants bid on this outside set of stairs. What should I use for tread and riser material ? For some reason the photo will not upload. I'll try again later.

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
If you want that profile yes you got to make it, router and a template will do it fast you just have too make the template right !

Outside stairs, pt stringers, composite riser and tread,trim ,composite railing and your done.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Is my only option to fabricate the design on site ?
Heading into summer in Baton Rouge - HELL TO THE NO, find some A/C shop space.

You talking just the the scrolls/applique or whole staircase?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just the scrolls along the skirtboard under each tread. I've only seen photos of stairs with this design, so I wasn't sure if it had to be hand fabbed . I thought it would be hand made, but there is always the chance something could have been purchased from a mill supplier. There is a vast resource of knowledgeable people on here, so who better to ask?

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
5,785 Posts
Just the scrolls along the skirtboard under each tread. I've only seen photos of stairs with this design, so I wasn't sure if it had to be hand fabbed . I thought it would be hand made, but there is always the chance something could have been purchased from a mill supplier. There is a vast resource of knowledgeable people on here, so who better to ask?
If you don't have the resources to fabricate them yourself, there's plenty of places to buy the appliques. Spend a little time on google & searching some sites, you'll find plenty of options.

Here's one example. I've never ordered from this company, but there's lots of stair part suppliers out there.

http://www.stairsupplies.net/eng/stairparts/moulding_skirtboards

1 - 9 of 9 Posts