Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to convert a word file to pdf format in order to send to local paper for advertisment. They need the artwork to be exact size which is 2" x 3 1/4", which my word file is. Trying to use the free pdf conversion sites they all seem to convert to a bit smaller, coming out 1 7/8" x 3 1/8". Anybody know what is going on or a free online site that does 1:1 pdf conversions?

The only way I am determining the finished size is to print it out since I don't see any way to measure the pdf file. Could it be the conversion is one to one but it prints smaller?

I have attached the file if that helps.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just realized I can create the advertisement in Photoshop and save it as a PDF. One question, is a PDF a PDF? Meaning is a Photoshop PDF the same as any other PDF? Because when I create the artwork and save it as a PDF in Photoshop, when I reopen it it still has all the separate layers. I've never seen layers in a PDF file before.

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
Yes - a PDF is a PDF. When I open AcrobatReader6.0 I see a tab on the left for layers. Just depends, as you said, on how it's saved. When you Save As Photoshop PDF - at the bottom of the save dialog box you'll see a Layers checkbox. Just uncheck that if you don't want layers to show in the PDF.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts