Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
JumboJack for president!
747 Posts
We have the Bosch which os loved, but we have switched to Hilti. Hilti has a nice one, but price is VERY high. The bosch will cut anything and everything. We use the Lennox blades with it and have no problems.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I meant to put that makita in there. Got it now. So yea, where did you get em $100 a piece?! Its between the bosch and makita since rumors of milwaukee and ryobi getting together. These 15 amp saws aren't too heavy?

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
We use the Lennox blades with it and have no problems.
I use to use Milwaukee,then Lennox then recently I switched to Hilti just out of convinience. So far the hilti's have been good except for shearing a metal blade or two at the base. It seems whatever brand I get they cut great for 3 cuts and thats it.

I have an older Dewalt and a hilti, sadly neither are monster class just midweight models. Orbital cut was such a brillant invention its not funny.

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
I really like my Porter-Cable.
It's the pre-quick change, pre-orbital
10.5 amp.
They still make a 10.5 non-orbital
and an 11.5 orbital.
Mine is built like a tank.
They are hardly light weights,
but I think the heft helps with
that much power.
I always say if the juice goes out
I can still use it to bash down a wall. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I have been really happy with my Milwaukee 15A. I bought it from CPO Milwaukee through Amazon.com. I see they now have them for $129, which is a steal. When I got mine from them, it looked brand new, except for a few light scratches. They get beat up anyway doing demo work, so I didn't care. Worked flawlessly. This model is still made in the U.S.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'll throw my vote in for the Makita JR3070. Great saw, very low vibrations compared to others I tried, Orbital settings let you really cut fast, quick change is real easy, also has variable speed so you can slow down the cut if needed.

·
Super Moderator
10,710 Posts
Earlier in the year I saw Home Depot had em marked down to $129 and I didn't buy one. Thought about it over the weekend and decided to buy one. When I got there Monday, they had em marked down to $99. So I bought two. This saw also has the sort start feature, which could save you a nasty cut on your finger (not that I know what that feels like!)

·
JumboJack for president!
747 Posts
I just saw a rockwell sawzall that barely vibrates. Looks neat. I have never had any dealings with rockwell but looked cool.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Earlier in the year I saw Home Depot had em marked down to $129 and I didn't buy one. Thought about it over the weekend and decided to buy one. When I got there Monday, they had em marked down to $99. So I bought two. This saw also has the sort start feature, which could save you a nasty cut on your finger (not that I know what that feels like!)
Your talking about the milwaukee? Or Makita?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your talking about the milwaukee? Or Makita? Somebody sell me on the bosch, I'm trying to sell myself on it.

·
JumboJack for president!
747 Posts
I have never had any problems with any of my bosch tools. I beat them up pretty good. The bosch will cut 1/4'' steel posts, fence posts, a car if you need to. HAS TONS OF POWER. Will cut 2x4s like an animal for demo. The Bosch has a direct connect that eliminates the bulky cords. Just plug into a extension. less hassle on the tool if the plug goes. I like the way the bosch takes the sawzall blade better and shoots it out. Something better about the bosch. It does vibrate like crazy though. So if thats an issue go with the makita, but hey. I think the vibrating prooves the tool works.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts