Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we have or are in the process of building a sunroom addition, and are in the process of finding the right flooring. The addition sits ontop the deck. My question is what kind of flooring do you guys suggest? I have two very large dogs that will be running in and out of the room to go outside. I have been looking into laminate with a ac4 or 5 rating. It is so expensive. The room is 12x16. Considered ceramic, but that can be cold. We have a large above ground pool outside, so there will be kids running in and out of the house, through the sunroom to get to the pool during the summer, so the floor can not be slippery when wet. Does anyone have a laminate they have used and consider very durable? I have checked into Dupont by Home Depot, Balterio, and Kronnswiss. Thanks for any help you guys may have.
Kathy :eek:

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
If you use a lam, better keep the dogs claws clipped. If you go ceramic, insulate well, and find one with a rough contour.

Done that over the deck thing many times.....do you have pics?

Bob

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Ceramic tile with in floor heat will keep you satisfied WAY down the road.
Lam will have issues quickly. Even the really good stuff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Florcraft said:
Ceramic tile with in floor heat will keep you satisfied WAY down the road.
Lam will have issues quickly. Even the really good stuff.
Can you tell me more about in floor heat. I just starting looking into it. :confused:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Infloor Heat

There is a flood of information around this site and others. Check the wirsbo
web site They have been an industry leader for pex tubing.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
NuHeat is another I have heard good things about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts