Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am upgrading my current kitchen faucet. My current copper line is 1/2'' and my new faucet has a 3/8". My current faucet is screwed on so i was wondering what the piece is called that i need to connect to my new faucet line to the existing 1/2" My father told me it will fit over the 3/8 and then snug/twist on and then i can connect it to the existing 1/2 line but i forget the type of fitting i need to connect it. Can someone help me out. Thanks

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Around here you put a stop on the 1/2" line and 3/8" risers to the faucet. Is that the word you are looking for? "Riser"

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont think Riser was the word, I think ill just wait for him to come back from vacation to ask. That would be alot easier then second guessing but the compression connector looks like it would work. I just want to connect the pipe with the half inch twist on to a new 3/8 pipe thats hooked to the faucet itself. WITHOUT soldering.

·
Pompass Ass
2,090 Posts
I am upgrading my current kitchen faucet. My current copper line is 1/2'' and my new faucet has a 3/8". My current faucet is screwed on so i was wondering what the piece is called that i need to connect to my new faucet line to the existing 1/2" My father told me it will fit over the 3/8 and then snug/twist on and then i can connect it to the existing 1/2 line but i forget the type of fitting i need to connect it. Can someone help me out. Thanks
Is the 1/2" line coming from the angle stop?

If it is they make a 1/2" to 3/8" line that has compression fittings on it.

Post a picture of it and I will let you know what you need.

I am not a Union member though so you may not want my help.:laughing:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any help is useful :thumbsup: union or not. Look at it this way im a carpenter trying to do plumbing work, It looks easy to do, If i knew what to buy to do it. I have a neighbor whos a nonunion plumber but i didnt see him today but ill take pics if i go to the house tomorrow.

·
Registered
838 Posts

Watts Brass & Tubular Universal Faucet Connector Female 1/2 Inch by 20 Inch...

20`` Universal Stainless Steel Faucet Connector, Fits 3/8`` Compression, 1/2`` Compression, & 1/2`` FIP. Part #: WTS-SPC20-U

I think you need one of these from what I understand-you have just 3/8" tube coming off of your new faucet. When you tighten the nut with the compression ring on your tube to the ss line it will compress the ring on to your tube of the new faucet...................

·
strat hd
1,695 Posts
All good posts. Being a carpenter myself when I run into similar situations I go to the local plumbing supply store. They listen to my questions and tell me what I need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts