Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I need some help here with a sprayer.

I’m about to purchase a sprayer, my specs:
- Budget: $700
- Usage: 2 or 3 projects a year, mainly residential houses, maybe 3 to 5 hundred gallons of paint a year for now.
My options:
1 - Used well working AirlessCo LP 540 for $600
2 – Used well Working Titan 600 for $550
3 – Used well working Rent Spray for $500
4 – Buy a new Sprayer with my $700 budget.
Some Notes:
Titan has service center here in Puerto Rico, I still haven’t found service center for AirlessCo.
Please help me out with this one, is it a good decision to buy used equipment, if so, what would be my best option? If not, what other spryer should I consider for $700.00?

·
Particulate Filter
4,430 Posts
My best advice would be.. to not figure on over 100 gallons of paint per house.
Houses are bigger in puerto rico. Actually on this last job I did interior exterior on I think I'm up to 60 or seventy gallons. Three coats exterior and interior.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I could buy a new graco, but are there low priced sprayers as good as there high end products?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ohh, and Steve, your correct, even though houses are way big here in Puerto Rico but I've never done 100 gal home. Now, it would be nice to have a few of them a year, maybe it could fix my $700 budget for my sprayer.

·
Twisted Cameron
314 Posts
Smaller units are good for laquer, but if your gonna run hundreds of gallons through an airless get one that will last. I bought a greco 1095 that was slightly used for 1200 bucks. I bet my mom's company pumped 10,000 gallons through that machine. Never needed anything more than new packings.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Out of the choices you gave, the Titan Rent Spray. They used to be titan 640i's Ask some questions about it to make sure it is not a 440i. If it is a 440 go with the titan 600

·
General Contractor
42 Posts
For as little as you will use the sprayer, and you are set on buying as opposed to renting...

I would go with the product whose company offers the best service in your area. If you purchase thru your paint supplier, you should get added customer service.

Bonz

·
General Contractor
42 Posts
Also,

If you are going to buy a used sprayer, customer service is critical. Purchasing used paint sprayers are like buying used cars... They are only good if the previous owner kept up on their maintenance and took care of them...

good luck,

bonz

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I call to seek more info on the Rent Spray, I was told it is a Rent Spray 600. Is it same or better than 440i?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Well I could buy a new graco, but are there low priced sprayers as good as there high end products?

just my opionion, but 700 is going to buy you a piece of polished **** regardless of brand of pump you get...

im all about volume and speed man... a higher end pump that can keep up with you is worth its weight in gold... everything out there around your budget just cannot keep up with an experianced sprayer... no way in hell...

I would save your 700 and turn that into 3k... RENT a crap pump for your misc jobs... If you dont have work to support a pump it will just sit there and go bad..

my 2 cents...
feel free to rant me =)

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
just my opionion, but 700 is going to buy you a piece of polished **** regardless of brand of pump you get...

im all about volume and speed man... a higher end pump that can keep up with you is worth its weight in gold... everything out there around your budget just cannot keep up with an experianced sprayer... no way in hell...

I would save your 700 and turn that into 3k... RENT a crap pump for your misc jobs... If you dont have work to support a pump it will just sit there and go bad..

my 2 cents...
feel free to rant me =)
It is like buying a used car, some are good ones and some need some work.
I have a 695 ultramax2 that I paid 8 bills for on ebay 2 years ago and it has never let me down and gets regular use. I also have the same rig that I spent 2,200 new and it also has never let me down.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts