Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, everyone, I really want to have wood laminate flooring in my remodeled bathroom, even though I know some of you will probably advise against it. It is a full bathroom. I have been reading the other posts, and I know that Pergo, Wilsonart, Quickstep, Allock, Witex, and Armstrong are all good brands, but can you give me some specific advice as to what would be best for moisture protection and relatively easy to install (preferably glueless). As far as pricing goes, I don't feel I need something extremely durable in the bathroom, but I am certainly concerned about the moisture issue. My children are now 15 and 11, so they aren't too terribly hard on the bathroom anymore. Any advice you guys could give would be so appreciated. Thanks!

Brenda

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Instant advice, don't do it. I don't even advise real wood in a bath. Too many problems.
Flor's our man and he'll be here shortly.

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Well you guessed it. I wouldn't put hardwood floor, floating or not, in a bathroom if they paid me to...... oh yea, they do.

Brenda, I think you need to reconsider, A wood floor in the bathroom can give you a hell of a problem later.

Bob

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Glass, She's kinda cute, always was partial to redheads.
This IS a construction site, we can still whistle at the pretty ladies can't we?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Serves you right, you young guys are still figuring this out. They are always gorgeous and NEVER fat! Follow this rule and you will never have to worry about dying in your sleep.....unless your're crushed to death.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
You never fail to crack me up. I may drive up there this summer just to meet YOU.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the compliments, guys . . . I think. Sorry, though, not a redhead . . . just the way the picture looks after being scanned. So, bottom line, no laminate in the bathroom or go for the cheap stuff. Darn. Thanks anyway for your input.Brenda

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
I am having trouble keeping up with this site now.
It was so easy in the beginning, but now we got lots-O-posts.

Anyway....I have been putting laminate and wood in tons of bath's all over Oregon and Alaska.
If you plan on having alot of control over the water issues with the shower and tub, you will be o.k.
If you want to fully relax, then just put in some nice vinyl.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Flor, if I do go with the laminate (not saying I am for sure), do you recommend a certain brand, quality, type that is good for use in a bathroom and relatively easy to install? Can I use the interlocking type? I read in another post about using the locks with a wax seal in between the locks. Any suggestions you can give would really help. Thank you so much!

Brenda

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
I would recommend Quickstep for an easy install and a tight lock.
Water will still affect it if left for a long time.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Yes...tile is like an installed block of ice.
If you cannot afford heated floors, tile is usually out, cept in entryways.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Mike, permafrost, remember. Get out of the shower and you could be stuck there all day. ROFLOL

1 - 20 of 42 Posts