Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does vinyl siding or insulation under the siding qualify for the tax credit? if so is it only the cost of the insulation and not any of the other siding materials?
thank you

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
does vinyl siding or insulation under the siding qualify for the tax credit? if so is it only the cost of the insulation and not any of the other siding materials?
thank you
Loose Fit NON GLUEBACK insert foam is the only product that qualifies. It is made by prodigy. It is just like structure or cedar boards, except you push up the panel and then slip the contoured foam in. They make a profiled foam to fit just about every major manufacturers panel.

In most cases it voids the manufacturer warranty.

However it does qualify 30% of what ever material cost you give the homeowner.

·
Banned
66 Posts
siding is considered an exterior clad and NOT included in the new stimulous bill. however,the insulation is covered(material only). so basically 800 bucks of material is covered which means 13% of 800 bucks.
ironically solid core siding(foam backed) is not covered; go figure.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
siding is considered an exterior clad and NOT included in the new stimulous bill. however,the insulation is covered(material only). so basically 800 bucks of material is covered which means 13% of 800 bucks.
ironically solid core siding(foam backed) is not covered; go figure.

Insulated Siding with Fullback Thermal Support System
(drop-in, field applied)
Tax Credit for Non-business Energy Property § 25C
Eligibility Requirements for the Tax Credit
The Credit for Nonbusiness Energy Property as outlined in § 25C of the Internal Revenue Code allows for a credit for building products classified as “Eligible Building Envelope Components.” This applies to the field-applied, drop-in Fullback® Thermal Support System*, as “an insulation material or system specifically and primarily designed to reduce heat loss or gain of a dwelling unit when installed in or on the dwelling unit.”

For more information about the Credit for Nonbusiness Energy Property § 25C tax credit, please visit: http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=products.pr_tax_credits

* The Progressive Foam Technologies, Inc. Fullback® Thermal Support System certificate is limited only to the field-applied, drop-in insulation components.
Tax Credit Details
The credit amount established by The American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009 is:

* 30% of the cost of the insulation, up to maximum of $1500.00 for all taxable years.
* Allowed only for amounts paid or incurred to purchase the insulation.
* Not allowed for amounts paid for onsite preparation, assembly, original installation labor, siding or sales tax.
* The purchase must be made during the taxable year for which the credit is claimed.
* Retroactive and with time limits, covering product in service after December 31, 2008 thru December 31, 2010.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
It does not have to be YOUR material cost, its what you charge the homeowner for the material

·
Banned
66 Posts
thats what i meant,should of been more specific.
i actually use full back from time to time.i prefer Crane's solid core/i think its the best/nicest siding available..just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
i prefer Crane's solid core/i think its the best/nicest siding available..just my opinion.
YEAH That 16" Seam looks great. :thumbsup: :rolleyes: Sorry its just that, and the only place around here that sells it is Bradco and I REFUSE to buy there.

·
Banned
66 Posts
thats where i get mine.(bradco).
i like prodigy but its too bulky . Crane has all the various accessories that fit the deeper J;whereas prodigy only has a few. i love Alside's 25' panel with the reinforcement but i just don't feel the panel looks realistic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts