Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I'm putting new lettering on my truck but could use some help with the colors. In a perfect world I would have the green, but now every other landscape company around me is using it. It will be going on a black truck. What are your thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
11,551 Posts
Sure, but most guys aren't driving black trucks. Green works, and there are many greens to choose from. Take a look at google images under landscaping truck logo.

I know a guy who has a black pick-up with green lettering that's shadowed - it stands out, but not like you've seen it a hundred times. Looks great.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The blue lettering. It has a bit of a softer tone which makes it less abrasive. Though the red with grey shades isn't bad, the blue looks more industrial. Just my personal preference though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is a green on. I used to have my logo on the truck but it just didn't POP like I was hoping it would. Maybe sticking with green wouldn't be so bad since the others all have green on red trucks. Plus it would still work with the logo, but just have a little bolder color on the truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I do have to agree on the idea that a logo is probably better than wording, unless you are employing good copy. The logo will build your brand faster. If you were worried about everybody else having green lettering then you should take into consideration that everybody else has words like "BUSINESS NAME Lawn & Landscape" with a phone number.

·
Banned
8 Posts
I'd go with your logo too. The text just seems slightly too in your face, so I actually wouldn't even pay attention to what it says, if I saw it. Don't know if that makes sense to you.

·
Registered
819 Posts
pretty much 0 chance you will ever get a job from someone driving behind you and seeing your info...ive tried different things and never got a call

so in the end it doesn't matter....id just put your logo and name and maybe a website

no one is driving behind you writing down your phone #

just make it look professional

green looks best

·
Remodeler
855 Posts
huggytree said:
pretty much 0 chance you will ever get a job from someone driving behind you and seeing your info...ive tried different things and never got a call so in the end it doesn't matter....id just put your logo and name and maybe a website no one is driving behind you writing down your phone # just make it look professional green looks best
ive gotten 1 call like that years ago when I used magnets, didn't get the job though. I did get some good repeat customers and their family, because they got my number in HD parking lot. So.... Ya never know.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
My vote,the first of your offerings works for me.I like the contrast,the outline gives it a touch of class + I 'm partial to red.:thumbup:

·
Registered
819 Posts
ive gotten 1 call like that years ago when I used magnets, didn't get the job though. I did get some good repeat customers and their family, because they got my number in HD parking lot. So.... Ya never know.
YOU! may be the only one

I do think having your vehicle marked heavily is a great idea...my cube van has a full wrap...I even put blue racing stripes on my hood to stand out more......do I get a job from someone writing my name down off the side of my van...never......do I get customers tell me they see my vans all over town(even though there's only 1 van)...all the time....name recognition is the goal......which means a logo

and I don't see a logo there

·
Registered
18 Posts
My opinion like mostly all the others on this thread is to go with your logo. Your logo looks professionally done, and I believe that by adding your website and/or a phone number to the bottom of the logo will look much more professional then the three mock ups that you are considering.

I would also stick to the logo, because it draws consistency and parallels between all of your marketing materials. A logo is a great chance for someone to make an impression on a customer, and it makes your business unique.

If you are insistent on just text, my honest opinion would be to go with something that is all white or the green.

Hope this helps! Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any other questions!

All the best!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Sure, but most guys aren't driving black trucks. Green works, and there are many greens to choose from. Take a look at google images under landscaping truck logo.

I know a guy who has a black pick-up with green lettering that's shadowed - it stands out, but not like you've seen it a hundred times. Looks great.
I'm with Mark on this one. Go green. Cool combo, green and black. And not a dark green. It wont show. When you pick out the sign vinyl, tape a little piece to your car and stand way back to see how visible it is.

Red and blue doesn't show that well on black unless it's a light blue. And light red is pink so I'm pretty sure you don't want that.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
If you stay with the text, I think you should try a new font, the issue I see is that there is very little background color between the letters, and from a distance it is going to look like a bunch of blue lines, which will ultimately become a logo in itself.

If you want them to read it, space it or change font then review the colors again

·
Registered
10 Posts
Along the same lines of font, if you're going with the lettering option, don't use what looks to me like Impact. It's overused. It's almost as bad as using Papyrus or Comic Sans (no offense to anyone here who does!) If you don't think your logo stands out enough, which I think it will, then go with a solid font that 1) does, 2) isn't used by every other contractor, and 3) looks professional.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts