1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,985 Posts
Does it have to be centered?

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,985 Posts
I've never seen a white centered. P&S makes one that is 2-gang with the device on one side. SP1426W.

·
Electrical Contractor
2,411 Posts

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
That setup is physically impossible. How can a device be centered in a two-gang box???
I see it is a valid part number, but what is the application?

Maybe it is the size of a 2-gang. Like a tremendously oversized one gang plate?
Maybe a two gang box with a single gang stucco ring on it?That would center the screws.
But then again why would you need it so wide?:blink:

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
Why do you need such an awkward plate?

Maybe there is an alternative to that particular plate for this application?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Customer has a 2-gange box and just one switch. Does not want a blank or dummy switch. So searching for alternatives...

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
That would not be a "2-gang" box then. That is a 4" sq with a mud ring.
True.. I just cant think why he would need this..Unless someone did a crappy job of cutting out the box and it didn't get fixed....

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
Customer has a 2-gange box and just one switch. Does not want a blank or dummy switch. So searching for alternatives...
If it is a normal two gang box,What are you going to screw the switch into if it is in the middle of the box?Not to mention what you will screw the plate into..

·
Registered
1 Posts
The only way to get that type of cover in white is to custom order it, it is not cheap or quick but I have had to do it on more then one occassion.

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
Once again. What was the application?

HOW was a device mounted in the middle of a two gang box???
I guess if the switch was mounted to the plate in the middle then you could attach the plate to the box...:blink:

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,985 Posts
I guess if the switch was mounted to the plate in the middle then you could attach the plate to the box...:blink:
Devices are listed to be attached to a box for support and installation, not the cover.

I think they're going to have to live with either a blank on one side, or use the plate I listed.

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
:: Left with no choice, hvnbnd knocked down the building to start from scratch ::

1 - 20 of 28 Posts