Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi . I`m a masonry contractor and had to get a new number for my business (ex girlfriend issues). Checked it for possible word combination for an easy dial (example 1-800-T-MOBILE 800-866-2453) and a few possibilities came up. Want to choose something to put on my truck,business cards etc. Please help me choose the best option. Thank you.

Here are the combinations:
you-up-up, you-up-us, you-us-up, you-us-us
9-nut-pup, 9-nut-pus, 9-nut-sup, 9-nuts-up,
9-nuts-u,s 9-out-pup, 9-out-pus, 9-out-sup,
9-outs-up, 9-outs-us, you-8-pup, you-8-pus,
you-8-sup

·
1,745 Posts
I would skip all of those. If I were going for a "word" number, I would order the "word" number you want.
That way you get what you want, instead something dumb from the numbers you were issued.

·
Super Moderator
11,969 Posts
I hate that letter sh!t.
Me too. I personally can't usually remember the "slogan" involved unless there is years of major advertising out there with a jingle that will stick in peoples mind.

Just a vote to not worry about what your phone number spells. If they are going to call you, they'll push the right number buttons.

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
Pretty much all cell phones now a day's have numbers and letters NOT one the same button. When I see the lettered phone numbers I don't call.

A guy 20 miles away has 1888 new roof. I always thought that was cool. And his license plate is newroof. But still i wouldn't worry about it, especially seeing yours doesn't make sence in the first place

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Waste of money for contractors, as mentioned before a lot of heavy advertising pounding the name home.

Also, internet is the now, clickable numbers no dialing required!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Also, internet is the now, clickable numbers no dialing required!
This.

Plus the words are best suited for 800 numbers. The last four numbers of my number are my business name, but i dont often advertise it that way... i just use numbers.

I dont like any of your listed options. They dont make any sense at all, they dont look like a phone number, and are not easy to remember

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
And in rural areas like ours, Vermont has one area code that is a large area to serve.

We had a vanity 800 number only worked in our area code. So a potential customer from a different area code cannot call the vanity number even from a cell phone when they are in the area code.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Those word things are dumb. I recommend using a mnemonic device. Given those numbers, your prospective customers need only remember the simple sentence, "Yellow orangutans usually undress privately unless peeved."

·
Super Moderator
11,969 Posts
Those word things are dumb. I recommend using a mnemonic device. Given those numbers, your prospective customers need only remember the simple sentence, "Yellow orangutans usually undress privately unless peeved."
Exactly! Even if he secured MASON01 nobody would care or remember it at the point they needed a mason.:thumbsup:

My business phone number is not smooth either, but they still call me. It took me a few months where even I could remember it.:laughing

Only one number is repeated in the sequence.

·
K&B Plus...
242 Posts
Unless it's something like 1-800-stone-me, you're wasting your time. Even then, you might get some calls from those with, um, alternative needs. :laughing:

·
Registered
130 Posts
mason2000 said:
Hi . I`m a masonry contractor and had to get a new number for my business (ex girlfriend issues). Checked it for possible word combination for an easy dial (example 1-800-T-MOBILE 800-866-2453) and a few possibilities came up. Want to choose something to put on my truck,business cards etc. Please help me choose the best option. Thank you. Here are the combinations: you-up-up, you-up-us, you-us-up, you-us-us 9-nut-pup, 9-nut-pus, 9-nut-sup, 9-nuts-up, 9-nuts-u,s 9-out-pup, 9-out-pus, 9-out-sup, 9-outs-up, 9-outs-us, you-8-pup, you-8-pus, you-8-sup
You-8-pus would get my attention

1 - 20 of 21 Posts