Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a customer wants financing,that zero percent for a year stuff,i don't offer it. is their a bank or company i can guide him too that he can get it on his own?

·
Registered
992 Posts
a customer wants financing,that zero percent for a year stuff,i don't offer it. is their a bank or company i can guide him too that he can get it on his own?

No.. Its not realy 0% they charge the business (u) something like 8% and then you tell the customer its 0%

You can get approved to offer it but i believe its hard to get approved now. Also you have to do over 500k a year and a bunch more.

They can go to home depot?

·
Banned
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thouight its zero percent financing for 1 year then they jack up the rate? in other words,if the customer pays in less than a year,its interest free ?
does GE charge the business anything when they finance?

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
I've never seen one of these yet where the business didn't pay for the customers 'free' financing.

There is no such thing as free money, somebody will pay for it. It's usually you. It's all a game. You offer them no interest for X amount of days, the finance company charges you $500 for the pleasure of financing your customer. You are expected to jack up the price of the job $500. If the customer doesn't pay it off in full within the term it converts to a short-term loan at a high rate and usually all the interest that was waived is now acrued and due and put on top of the amount financed.

I'd instead maybe ask them if they have a credit card. Have them call the 800 number on the back and have the credit card issue them some of those checks. They can write you the check and they can pay back the credit card. Then if they want no interest they can transfer the balance to a new card and get no interest for awhile.

I'm tired already just thinking about all that mess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts