Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

help choose logo

2158 17
Well guys i we needing some help choosing a new logo. We are going to split the landscape and construction part of our business. as they have finally got big enough to support themselves. We got it down to the top 5. here is a like to the poll.
Thanks

http://99designs.com/logo-design/vote-e1vhtc
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
What does the bird mean to your business .
makethecut said:
Well guys i we needing some help choosing a new logo. We are going to split the landscape and construction part of our business. as they have finally got big enough to support themselves. We got it down to the top 5. here is a like to the poll. Thanks http://99designs.com/logo-design/vote-e1vhtc
we do everything remodeling. however our specialty is becoming historic homes. So it is a big part of what we do.
Dont understand what a Phoenix would have to do with that .
makethecut said:
we do everything remodeling. however our specialty is historic homes. So it is a big part of what we do.
phoenix rises from the ashes to create a new. when i say our is specialty is historic homes. i dont me ones that have been well taken care of. most of the ones around here are about to fall down when we get a call.
Dont like the flames on the house. Not a good connotation. 82
I like the name & symbolism but am not in love with designs. To offer an honest opinion, I think the Phoenix looks too aggressive & would be more appealing if it was made to look "softer".
Thank you. I am getting some revision on that one and see what it look like then
Your name and logo need to be changed, never have a negative. Rather than "your home was crap but we fixed it" phoenix out of the ashes thing. Just focus on "remodeling your home" or something on that note. Your current logo looks like a OMC patch or something, to negative and aggresive and I dont think the phoenix metaphor has broad appeal.
Looks like copy of the university of phoenix logo
Two things:

1.) It looks like a million other logos with a phoenix in it.
2.) You're getting your money's worth and it looks like clip art.

Here are a few examples of well-designed logos: click
It's 99 Designs, of course it's going to be plagiarist and/or uninspired with a total lack of professional guidance. Contractors have hacks and so does logo design. And there will always be a market for hacks.

I will now return to being amused while not commenting. :laughing:
Looks like copy of the university of phoenix logo
I agree with points 1 and 2 but I'm not a fan of any of the logos to which you linked.

OP, 79 would be my vote.
Moze said:
Two things: 1.) It looks like a million other logos with a phoenix in it. 2.) You're getting your money's worth and it looks like clip art. Here are a few examples of well-designed logos: click
I would use a real logo design company if I was you. Them things look cheap and the house looking like it's on fire ain't such a great idea.
Try odesk in hiring a designer. Runs you about 100-300 depending on the artist.
Try a local ' Mom and Pops ' sign shop. You might be surprised what they can hook you up with. :thumbsup:
Did you pay 800 bucks for that? I think 82 is the best of those, but not 800 bucks worth of design. :no:

You could have gone to the local community college and asked an art major to come up with something for far less. Probably even free.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.