Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, I have been reading a lot of the post and I think this is great! Looks like there is plenty of help when a problem is encountered, cool! There is a lot of knowledge on these pages as well as good tips! I thank you all! Im glad I found you.

:cool:

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Welcome from another piece of paradise, Jensen Beach. Make yourself at home.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems that this rain is never ending, I appreciate the welcomes! Most of my work is outside so I will be glad when the rain is done! ProWallGuy, I didnt know they did digital paper like that and that was one heck of a job you did. Ive been trying to get a brick wall painted all week looks like I may at least get to seal it today.How is the weather in Jensen Beach and Jacksonville (like I need to ask) :) Ha!

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Welcome...from darn near the farthest U.S. place from Florida.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Same old summer pattern, wrap it up by 3:00.
Sunny with a chance of afternoon thunderstorms. Hasn't failed in 3 weeks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AAPaint said:
Rained all over us girl! Luckily we're on another interior project right now. I've been lucky so far this summer working in the a/c! Then, an old customer with a huge 2 story home calls and says "let's do the outside in JULY!!!!!!!" Doh! :cheesygri[/QUOT

Well looks like you will be joining me for some fun in the sun ;)
I get to start an inside job tomorrow in the ac, so Im cool, or should I say dry? It was looking so good today that I started painting on that wall and about a 4th of the way through it ,here came the rain, storms come up on you fast here. I dont mind outside work but when it really hot its better to be in the ac!

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Painter, how long have you been in FL? Reading the sky is something that most of us do without thinking.
Today I had a beer bet going with a guy that has only been here 30 yrs. as to when it would start raining. He was off by 21 mins., I was off by 3. He bought. Tomorrow it might be my turn but I doubt it. He screwed up on the lightning too. I said no and he was all for it. Should have bet another beer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Teetorbilt said:
Painter, how long have you been in FL? Reading the sky is something that most of us do without thinking.
Today I had a beer bet going with a guy that has only been here 30 yrs. as to when it would start raining. He was off by 21 mins., I was off by 3. He bought. Tomorrow it might be my turn but I doubt it. He screwed up on the lightning too. I said no and he was all for it. Should have bet another beer.

I guess I would always have to buy, ha! Ive been here going on my 4th year now, Im from NC,we have hot summers there but it seems hotter here and the heat lasts longer so do the bugs! I have never seen a wall of mosquitos till I came here I think they are called blind mosquitos (dont think I spelled that right) Im afraid to swim in the lakes cos of alligators. I like it here so Ill stay :) a lot of times the storms miss us and it can be raining at the house next door but not at

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Painter, Flor is in Alaska.
I have a place in Vale, NC that has more and bigger bugs than I have ever seen in FL. Big 'stupid beetles' that repeatedly crash into the rain gutters and much more.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts