Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Ran across your forums today and it looks really great, informative forum. I'm a 3rd (at least) generation carpenter, grew up picking up trash until Dad decided he trusted me enough to put a hammer in my hands (you know the story....lol). Anyway I am currently in two construction businesses. One is the family remodeling/additions business, the other is a tradesman staffing company (kind of like a non-union labor hall).

I look forward to talking with you guys.

Tim

·
Registered
163 Posts
Tim good to see ya. I look foward to your insights in our trades.

don

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys. I spent a couple years in the corporate world and would watch a man's life's work get dumped in favor of a computer upgrade. We live in a great business. What we make will be around for a hundred years after we're gone.

Tim

BTW - Benham, that's a great sig line! lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Another new guy

TimWieneke said:
Hello,
Ran across your forums today and it looks really great, informative forum. I'm a 3rd (at least) generation carpenter, grew up picking up trash until Dad decided he trusted me enough to put a hammer in my hands (you know the story....lol). Anyway I am currently in two construction businesses. One is the family remodeling/additions business, the other is a tradesman staffing company (kind of like a non-union labor hall).

I look forward to talking with you guys.

Tim

Tim -

What part of Chicagoland? Your name is familiar to me. Are you from the south side?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Eddie,
Yes I am. I grew up in Oak Lawn and now live in Lyons. I saw in your intro that you are a teacher on the South Side. You may know my mom Valore Wieneke who teaches music at Sward, or my wife Erin who teaches music at St. Xav's and Morraine. Where are you located?

Tim

·
Registered
43 Posts
Tim -

I grew up in Oak Lawn (St. Catherine's Parish), and lived there most of my 42 years. Currently, I am living in Geneva, but still have my Oak Lawn house (my smmer home in the south), that I have been remodeling. Had to take a break from that project after a serious car accident put me in the hospital for a bit, but I'm hoping to resume soon enough to get the house on the Spring market.

I taught at several of the Catholic schools on the south side, but moved to public education when the desire to eat became too strong.

As I wrote this, I remembered that almost no one except people from the south side of Chicago identify each other by Parish. I think my wife heard the "What Parish?" conversation about twenty times before she finally said "What is that?"

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eddie,
"I think my wife heard the "What Parish?" conversation about twenty times before she finally said "What is that?"

LOL, I'm not Catholic but I went to Brother Rice. When I filled out the registration form one of the questions was "What is your Parish?" I had no idea what they meant so I wrote in the name of my grade school.

Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts