Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I watch the traffic on this site pretty closely and I would say for every active member (registered and posting) we have 5 to 10 Lurkers! (read and leave)

Now, if all you want to do is read the posts we are glad to have you but I just thought I would make a quick plea: Register and Join the Discussion!

Registration is free and we would love to have you as an active part of our community. You would be amazed at how much you can learn by posting questions about your business or trade. Or, if you have knowledge to share with us we would love to hear it.

You can register by clicking here:Register
Also, if you need any help using the board don't hesitate to email me at [email protected]

Ok, Plea Over! :D
Thanks,
Nathan

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
I have the same type of problem nwingate.. many will register and few will post. Sounds like a commercial. I'll give this forum my personal recommendation - some great discussions in the short time I've been here.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
hatchet said:
some great discussions in the short time I've been here.

I agree, I visit alot of sites where I help consumers with their floor (diy site coming soon!)
But this site is like a break room for contractors and other workers in the industry.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We seem to have gotten a few people to register after posting the Lurking message, however they aren't posting anything!

LOL, oh well... Baby steps I guess.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
nwingate said:
I watch the traffic on this site pretty closely and I would say for every active member (registered and posting) we have 5 to 10 Lurkers! (read and leave)

Now, if all you want to do is read the posts we are glad to have you but I just thought I would make a quick plea: Register and Join the Discussion!

Registration is free and we would love to have you as an active part of our community. You would be amazed at how much you can learn by posting questions about your business or trade. Or, if you have knowledge to share with us we would love to hear it.

You can register by clicking here:Register
Also, if you need any help using the board don't hesitate to email me at [email protected]

Ok, Plea Over! :D
Thanks,
Nathan
OK, after some advice from Hatchet (THANKS!) I've been able to improve our Google ranking from a 0/10 to a 5/10.
This has caused the number of people finding us through Google to jump dramatically!
This has also made the number of Lurkers jump to 20 - 30+ Lurkers per active member.

We don't bite people! Register, post, have fun.

Ok, end of second plea! :cheesygri

·
Registered
11 Posts
I whole hearttedly agree. Register now lurkers or face construction apocalypse!!!!!(maybe us registered users can speak in code and throw out some misinformation to non-code talkers LOL)

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I think that I have seen this before but maybe people should have to register before they can post. It seems to me that a lot of DIYers are making their way here, flooring especially. The same questions are asked time and again.
MHO

1 - 20 of 26 Posts