Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm really glad that this site is around.

I've been a window and siding salesman for the past 5 years, and have actually sold between $500,000 and $1,000,000 each year by myself. A few years ago me and another salesman decided we wanted to go into business on our own but we wanted to make sure that we were going to know all aspects besides just selling.

We recently formed our own company, got all the supplier accounts we need and are ready to start selling jobs (in fact we have some lined up now). The problem is that we are still looking for installers (to sub) that we can trust.

I totally underestimated how difficult it would be to find installers that would be experienced, trustworthy, and professional.

Once we have a good installation crew, I can't wait to get out there and start selling full time for my own company. Getting leads wont be a problem at all, it's just the installation issues that are the only part that is difficult to understand completely.

I'm hoping that Contractor Talk will be able to be a solid resource for when I need answers about installation methods or if I run into installation problems or need to understand something better.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way, I am based in central new york, but plan to work throughout anywhere between rochester and the catskills!

·
Super Moderator
11,969 Posts
Welcome to CT.

I think you are going to be innundated by GOOD contractors in your area from this post. Most the guys on this site are serious and worthy of consideration. The hacks have usually been chased away in under 10 posts.

Good luck in your new venture!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rselectric, that's great!

I've actually perused the forums the past year or so to search for answers when I haven't understood something installation wise, I don't know why I never posted anything earlier!

·
Super Moderator
11,969 Posts
Just have a little patience though. There are LOTS of very good guys on this site from your area. It might take a couple days for them all to chime in, but the accepted posters here are good guys.

I've made a few really good connections thanks to this forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts