Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across Contractor Talk about a year ago while searching for reviews on estimating software and I've been checking it out ever since.

I'm 33 and I've worked in construction most of my life. About 4 years ago the contractor I was working for called me one night and informed me he couldn't pay me the money he owed me and if I had side work I might as well go do that instead. So that's what I did. I entered into a business partnership with a friend and that lasted until November of last year at which point we decided to part ways and I've been flying solo ever since. And now I'm introducing myself here:thumbup:

I'd like to say thanks to everyone on here for all the insight, tool reviews and everything else that's discussed. Hopefully I can add to it.

Nick

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dave! I'm from the North Hills but I live in Uptown about 5 blocks up from Consol on 5th Ave. Its a convenient location because it's central but I can't leave ANYTHING in my truck. Last summer someone smashed my passenger side window for some change. City living! Where are located?

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Thanks Dave! I'm from the North Hills but I live in Uptown about 5 blocks up from Consol on 5th Ave. Its a convenient location because it's central but I can't leave ANYTHING in my truck. Last summer someone smashed my passenger side window for some change. City living! Where are located?

Yup, that is definetly nice and central. I'm sure it makes going to the south hills if you have to a little less painful:laughing:

Freakin stupid people! I've been lucky, knock on wood.

I'm from the north hills myself, shaler to be exact. And I'm still in shaler.

Dave

·
Interior Remodeling
1,275 Posts
When you live in the south hills like I do anything north of the liberty tunnels is considered canada. Haha. Welcome nick

·
Registered
669 Posts
Erik, I feel the same as you but opposite! I work for the most part it seems in the south hills, we cover all of Allegheny County, part of Washington, Westmorland, and part of Armstrong County, have gone as far as Uniontown, Monongahella what-ever ya spell it, and close to Youngstown OH. Get me out of the North Hills, I feel like I will never get back! LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts