Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I want to start posting here so I figured I would introduce myself. I’ve worked in the masonry trade pretty much my entire working life. I’m a small masonry contractor from Pennsylvania. When we finally thaw out here , I’ll be starting my 13th year in business. I’ll probably never fully retire from doing this work but I make a decent living so I guess that’s all that matters. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Brin

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Hi Amiela, yeah that's the Susquehanna. Its up in Bradford County . Its a lot cleaner up that way. Thanks for the welcome! Think sping!
We are dying for the snow to melt out here. Then we get to wade in the mud for a while. :laughing:

JR Shepstone: I did an IT gig in at Wilkes University a while back. AMAZING wood work in some of those old buildings.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
AmeliaP said:
JR Shepstone: I did an IT gig in at Wilkes University a while back. AMAZING wood work in some of those old buildings.
Those building are awesome. Just think at one time those were people's homes! There was big money in the WB back in the day. Like I said, after Agnes, everything went to crap.

They knocked down the Sterling Hotel, the Masonic temple is close to the chopping block, and the old train station on the boulevard is close as well. At least they did something productive with the Stegmaier brewery.

At least the colleges are buying up the properties and using a majority of them and keeping them in their original (close to) condition. Only caveat is, they aren't paying any property taxes, so no money is going to the city.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.