Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Hello from NJ

2045 Views 21 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  njremodeler
Hi Everyone

I am a new guy here, though I've been checking out Contractor Talk for a while. I am a carpenter, in my forties and have been doing this since I got out of high school. I'm from New Jersey and I primarily do finish work, a lot of built ins, wainscot, coffered ceilings and the like. Looking forward to participating here!

Thanks!
Lee Britton
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Welcome. Your not one of those guys from "central" jersey are you?
Reactions: DMJCarpentry
Nah, he's all North.

I might argue that Nutley is actually the most North Jersey town there is. It's gotta be in the running.
Pretty damn close.

Bogota could maybe give it a run.

Welcome..........
Nutley is up there, but there are a lot of towns north of it.
Thanks for the welcome guys...I guess Nutley is considered northern NJ. About 20 minutes north up the Garden State Parkway and I'm in New York State. Did some work up there several years ago. Nowadays I prefer to work as close to home as possible!
Do you know Greg Dibernardo? He is about 5 minutes north of you.
No Dan I don't. Is he a contractor? What town is he from?
He's a deck builder, remodeler, was part of Techno Metal Post, and contributes to many magazines and websites.

His main venture is Bergen County Decks. I think hes out of Ridgewood.
You have no idea how saddened, disappointed, and thrilled I was when I discovered that Bo-Go-Tah was actually Buh-Go-Da.
Pretty damn close.

Bogota could maybe give it a run.

Welcome..........
Sure...but the "real" North Joisey ends around Rt 80...

Mahwah, Montvale.......you might as well be in Princeton.
Nutley is up there, but there are a lot of towns north of it.
How about Ho Ho Kus?

If you want north you will also have to travel west to Vernon & Wantage
You have no idea how saddened, disappointed, and thrilled I was when I discovered that Bo-Go-Tah was actually Buh-Go-Da.
Welcome to CT Lee :thumbsup:
:laughing:
Sure...but the "real" North Joisey ends around Rt 80...

Mahwah, Montvale.......you might as well be in Princeton.
Waldwick,next town over
His main venture is Bergen County Decks.

actually it's guns and motorcycles...

I think hes out of Ridgewood.
Team Nutley

My Brother/partner lives in Nutley. We work mostly in Manhattan, do you work there much?
Pete N

I did some work in Brooklyn years ago but for the past 8 years or so I've been lucky enough to have consistent work in Montclair, which is 10 minutes from my house. I'm born and raised in Nutley, I might know your brother.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.