Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Corian Expert 30yrsInBiz
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

My name is Troy Douglas and I own and operate a Solid Surface (Corian) Countertop fabrication company, along with my father, in New Hampshire. We started in business back in 1979, I worked part time through High School and college before ultimately joining him as his business partner. Now approaching our 30th anniversary in business, we are changing our business plan to ship vanity tops nation-wide.

I have extensive experience with Corian and other major brands of solid surface countertops and wet walls. If you have any questions regarding refinishing or repair.... I'm your man. I hope to help answer questions about proper support, commercial applications, shower pans and any other questions members may have.

Thanks for reading, see you on the threads!
-Troy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello from the wonderful world of windows

Just wanted to introduce myself. I located this site and felt that I may have some useful insight. I have been in the fenestration industry for 30+ years. Right out of high school. 10 in manufacturing, 20+ in engineering from design, testing, fabrication, to installation, installation training etc. After so long, you get exposure to most everything in your chosen industry.
I am looking forward to maybe helping out, but I also look forward to learning new things from the experts.

·
Corian Expert 30yrsInBiz
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tool question?

Welcome aboard. Quick question. Old tool. What is it's purpose?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I've used that tool myself........ at the batting cages! Set at the right RMP, you can swing for the fences. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Corian man, which solid surface would u use as a viable substitute for granite countertop in house I hAVE UP FOR SALE. It would be replacing old formica. I plan to resur face face of cabinet, probably do a solid color with lacquer sprayed on. also paint the doors.

·
Corian Expert 30yrsInBiz
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Corian man, which solid surface would u use as a viable substitute for granite countertop in house I hAVE UP FOR SALE. It would be replacing old formica. I plan to resur face face of cabinet, probably do a solid color with lacquer sprayed on. also paint the doors.
BarnBuilder1,
I assume you are talking about kitchen counters for this project. Are you trying to get the best value for the lowest investment. ...or is resale in a pricey neighborhood the focus?

Troy

·
Freelance Gynecologist
94 Posts
Troy, welcomw to CT....you'll find it a great place to hang out. Everyone's pretty cool here for the most part. And good luck with the new business focus, I hope it works out for you.

What part of Londonderry are you in? I lived in Derry for a number of years thru college.

·
Corian Expert 30yrsInBiz
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Troy, welcomw to CT....you'll find it a great place to hang out. Everyone's pretty cool here for the most part. And good luck with the new business focus, I hope it works out for you.

What part of Londonderry are you in? I lived in Derry for a number of years thru college.
My business is right along the border of Derry just off R102. Where did you attend college?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts