Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello members. I'll start my first post by giving a little information on myself. I was a contractor from 88 to 93 here in Wichita until the housing market tanked. At that point I just needed a break so decided to move to Florida to finish my Engineering Degree.
In 96 I moved to Virginia and worked for a large plumbing company doing commercial and residential. A near fatal accident caused me to move back to Wichita. Eventually went to work for Boeing then Spirit when they sold over. I was miserable. I was really missing the trades and doing Custom Cabinetry. Bathrooms and Kitchens. So almost a year ago I went to retest for my Residential License. "I retested because I let it lapse in Virginia after the accident."
Things have changed in the trades as well as the clients but I couldn't be happier. I have alot of research to do on Marketing but have found some great threads here on it. Thanks for reading and I look forward to talking with you all.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Welcome from about 45 miles north:thumbsup:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TQ are you in the Hutchinson area? I lived there for 5 years but got tired of the hour drive into Wichita.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Outside of McPherson.. I made that commute too at one time. It does get old fast.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My closest friend just finished school up there for auto restoration. He works on restoring Classic Model A's but started doing Hot Rods as his main business because the classic industry is really too specialized.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts