Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum and site. First off my name is Jerome Mason I own a fence company in the beautiful Destin FL, named Emerald Coast Fence. I have been building fences for over 10 or so years and have been in construction all of my life. I am open for questions and will not hesitate to ask some when needed :thumbsup:. We fence contractors are limited in our ability to communicate with each other and this website is awesome to be able to utilize. I hope to be of some help and look forward to many many posts to come.
Thanks everyone!

·
Banned
846 Posts
What do you think of the Walpole Woodworkers line of fencing? That's the brand I sell/install. The last few batches have had an uneven finish. Some panels were almost beige. Think it's an isolated problem or?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome ECF

It's good to see other contractors from NWFL here. This is a great site with a lot of usefull info, building, business and BS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the welcomes.
Bob,
I'm not sure if I have ever heard of that type of fecning before. Most of our wood comes from a company called Great Southern Wood. The brand is "YellaWood". It's just pressure treated yellow pine. I do know that sometimes companys get the coat wrong or it could have sat out in harsh weather, a number of things change the color of them. I would call and tell them and if you get some that don't look good, send em back!
-Jerome

1 - 12 of 12 Posts