Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having had little luck in obtaining suitable employment I've returned to my first career --- carpentry and just began a new business called Cardinal Building Solutions --- fancy name for HANDYMAN!

I'm 57 years young and have spent the last 25 years in the wood window and door industry as a salesman and distribution owner. I began this career after being "discovered" by a Pella rep while building an architect's home. I had tremendous success until my social drinking escalated to full blown alcoholism which ultimately caused me to lose my very successful business and my wife of 25 years.

I have almost 3 years of sobriety and through the grace of God no longer have the obsession.

I purchased a '98 Nissan Frontier which came with a bunch of professional tools for $2500 and away we go -----

I'm really enjoying the work and the jobs I've gotten thus far have been very interesting. Were it not for the soreness that comes with age I'd think I'm 25 again!!

I also have returned to my love of music and play trumpet with a well-known local group called GTO and "D" St. Brass. We mostly play weddings and private parties and everyone knows my cup that I use so I don't sip on the wrong concoction.

I'm extremely well versed in window and door for new construction and replacement having completed many huge projects as a salesman in South Florida and Louisiana. My carpentry background was always "my friend" and helped me create a strong following with the field people.

Looking forward to being a part of this site. It seems filled with valuable information that we all can use!

As we say here in South Louisiana --- Laissez le bon ton roulet! (Let the good times roll!):whistling

1 - 2 of 2 Posts