Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people, Jeff here from Revel Contracting. Just thought I would take the time to give an intro. My wife and I just started a general contracting company, well actually we are in the process. We have our bond and insurance waiting to hear back from the Secretary of State about our LLC (should be within 10 days, so any time now) then we hit the ground running. My experience is about 25 years in the construction business and the last 13 years I have been a licensed electrician. I have done everything from foundations to finish work. My wife has been in management for the past 10 years. We both found ourselves out of work (My company went out of business and her company was sold and the new owners decided to run the place themselves). We just got married Sept. 30th 2009 and can't stand to be apart. So we decided to work together, our roles in our company is, we both do the admin work I will run the construction side of business and she wants to run a cleaning side to target foreclosures, construction clean up and etc. We are still writing our business plan so all the details aren't worked out yet but I'm sure that with our skills, our faith and our personalities we should do just fine. I came to this site looking for the one biggest fear I have in this new endeavor and that is to bid the job right. The biggest problem to me seems to be getting the hours right. Anyway I don't know if this is the time or place to be asking this question but wanted to say hi non the less. I look forward to talking with you guys.

·
Banned
154 Posts
Hi people, Jeff here from Revel Contracting. Just thought I would take the time to give an intro. My wife and I just started a general contracting company, well actually we are in the process. We have our bond and insurance waiting to hear back from the Secretary of State about our LLC (should be within 10 days, so any time now) then we hit the ground running. My experience is about 25 years in the construction business and the last 13 years I have been a licensed electrician. I have done everything from foundations to finish work. My wife has been in management for the past 10 years. We both found ourselves out of work (My company went out of business and her company was sold and the new owners decided to run the place themselves). We just got married Sept. 30th 2009 and can't stand to be apart. So we decided to work together, our roles in our company is, we both do the admin work I will run the construction side of business and she wants to run a cleaning side to target foreclosures, construction clean up and etc. We are still writing our business plan so all the details aren't worked out yet but I'm sure that with our skills, our faith and our personalities we should do just fine. I came to this site looking for the one biggest fear I have in this new endeavor and that is to bid the job right. The biggest problem to me seems to be getting the hours right. Anyway I don't know if this is the time or place to be asking this question but wanted to say hi non the less. I look forward to talking with you guys.
Last 13 as an electrician... OK, be prepared for a steep hard relearning curve. Wiring is easy, sorry. Other stuff not so much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh I've heard all the jokes out there, I can't say that one job is easier or harder than another, bottom line it's just work. As far as learning, yeaaa that's why I'm here. Like I said I've done it all in my life, a lot when I was a young man, now I find myself doing it for friends relatives and sometimes for a little extra coin. So I decided to make it a my new career. So any information you can give would be much appreciated. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Banned
154 Posts
oh I've heard all the jokes out there, I can't say that one job is easier or harder than another, bottom line it's just work. As far as learning, yeaaa that's why I'm here. Like I said I've done it all in my life, a lot when I was a young man, now I find myself doing it for friends relatives and sometimes for a little extra coin. So I decided to make it a my new career. So any information you can give would be much appreciated. Thanks for the heads up.
Oh man come on now. Dont make me break open a can of spinach on your a$$.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts