Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello and thank you to everyone. I have been reading the posts here for several months due to a registration problem ( thank you Nathan for the help ). And I must say it has been like a tuition-free education for me. :Thumbs:

I feel like I know you guys/girls from reading your posts. So I'd like to introduce myself to you.

I'm a roofing/siding contractor from surburban Philadelphia (Bucks County). Second generation. (Dad still gets on the roof at age 71.)

Anyway I look forward to more learning and would like to help out in any way I can.

JG

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Welcome from another second gen. guy.
At 71, maybe it's time to keep Dad on the ground. I know that I don't bounce nearly as well as I used to and I'm still a quite a few years away from 70. Don't bother telling me what he would say, I already know. LOL

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome "a- board". Education is only good if you use it ;) . That is when knowledge becomes wisdom. If you go into business and do not make any money, you are wasting your time. You could make money and get benefits at McDonald's without all of the headaches (anything to do with the government - they are the only ones guaranteed to make money when someone starts a business :rolleyes: ). Take what you learn from the mistakes of others and be successful - hey, you're already on the right track :Thumbs: .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts