Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been a member here for a month or so now. Just found this thread this morning, & thought I give a bit of background on myself. I got my first taste of the const biz with my grandpa who was a plasterman back in the '70s, joined the AF & gave them 6 yrs. Since then I've lived in Fla, Colo, Tx, and finally moved back to MO in '91, mostly doing drywall. After 10 yrs working for someone else I decided I was tired of doing most of the work & getting the short end on the paycheck. So in the spring of 2001 I hung out my own shingle, specializing in residential drywall. After the first yr I figured out I had to expand my scope of work if I wanted to keep the bills paid. Originally we called the co Wall Doctor, last yr I decided to change the name to House Docs as we doing as much siding, decks, concrete, roofing, etc as we were drywall.

So here I am in north central MO, really would like to move south, (tired of the winters), but got kids in middle school & high school now, so I guess we'll stay here for about 6 more yrs til they're all out of school. Then I would really love to move to a warmer clime and say bye bye to the snow, ice, and cold.

We pretty much work for homeowners, remodels and improvements, an occassional commericial job. Like most guys we have a definite slump from about mid-Dec until sometime in Feb. During the summer I seem to work alot of weekends and during the slow times I spend alot of time in front of the puter. Right ow I gotta go be a judge at my daughter's speech tournament, oh boy.:D Anyway howdy to everyone. Great site, I frequent several and by far the is the best mix of overall tradesmen, glad I found you & I'll be stickin around.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Welcome walldoc. I'm in FL and right now looking for some warmer climes.

·
Electrical Contractor
744 Posts
Come on up to Atlanta Teetor! We have about 1/4 inch of ice right now where I live but much more farther north.

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
1/4" of ice! I wish I was that lucky! LOL

We've got somewhere between 3'-4' of snow :( - at least it's going up to 1C by Wednesday. Yeah! I can't really complain though, about this time 12days from now I'll loaded on rum & beer in Puerto Rico.

BTW, Teetor, I'll wave as I'm flying over Orlando. We should be starting our descent into San Juan around 12:30 on the 10th.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts