Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys ever built a deck off these things, what was your experience.

Also how do you know that it has reached the proper depth and will not settle any more. The application that I am considering using some is where
the over dig for a foundation was

Any help would be appreciated, also, does anyone on here install them in the state of MD

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes, best thing since sliced bread! No more digging, where to get rid of dirt, rain/ washout issues, waiting for inspection, etc
They come in and set piers quick, and your setting framing immediately. Not sure all the engineering of it, but works on torque versus depth to achieve proper rating.

Been around forever in commercial const., with big excavators.
Company i use is set up nice for resi., back yard, fits through like a 30" gate, little to no ground disruption. $155 a footing for a deck., up to $215, i believe, with one story on it.
Done a few decks with them, and a retrofit for a overhead garage door header to LVL.

I'll never dig another sonotube!

http://www.technometalpost.com/en/home/

·
Registered
Custom cabinetry
9,178 Posts
Yes, best thing since sliced bread! No more digging, where to get rid of dirt, rain/ washout issues, waiting for inspection, etc
They come in and set piers quick, and your setting framing immediately. Not sure all the engineering of it, but works on torque versus depth to achieve proper rating.

Been around forever in commercial const., with big excavators.
Company i use is set up nice for resi., back yard, fits through like a 30" gate, little to no ground disruption. $155 a footing for a deck., up to $215, i believe, with one story on it.
Done a few decks with them, and a retrofit for a overhead garage door header to LVL.

I'll never dig another sonotube!

http://www.technometalpost.com/en/home/
I wish I paid that little per pier last time... mine were close to $1,000 ea (total of 7).

Dirt goes in the roll off dumpster with all the demo debris from the old deck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wish I paid that little per pier last time... mine were close to $1,000 ea (total of 7).

Dirt goes in the roll off dumpster with all the demo debris from the old deck.
Robert, I work for Techno Metal Post Pikes Region and we just opened a dealership in August here in Colorado Springs. I would like to invite you to take a look at our website, technometalpost.com and check out our product. What was your experience like using Helical Piers? We could certainly set a price of less than $1000 per pier and would love to work with you on an upcoming project to show you the quality of our installation and piers. Our number is (719)888-7678, feel free to call us if you would like more information!

·
Registered
4 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts