Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any advice for me as far as getting in NJ heavy equip operators union? Should i just call the union or try to get in with a union based company get the hrs in with them and experience before going for apprentice program? I know someone who will be starting with a union based company and the owner of the company said he can get him into the union after 1000hrs of work. This is for heavy construction union(highway construction)but i don't know anything about heavy equipment just that the heavy construction union workers are basically laborers for heavy equip union workers. I still have an application in for carpenters union and will be taking the test(unless i can get heavy equip)the 4th of april. I don't want to be stuck doing sheetrock all day which is why i am thinking of heavy equip,besides they make a hell of a lot more money and i really need to work on getting my wife the house she wants. .. marriage,baby and house is what she's always dreamed of and we have the 1st two. thanks for all help

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
MANTUS said:
Does anyone have any advice for me as far as getting in NJ heavy equip operators union?
Check out this site UTCA of New Jersey . Look at the Labor Relations pages. Contact the executive director or director of member services. Tell them what you're trying to do and ask if they can provide you with some advice. Maybe you can get a list of their contractor members.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts