Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Would anyone happen to know any good books, or a way that i could read up and understand heating systems better? Like boilers, monoflo systems, trouble shooting, ect. Iv been workin for my company for a little over a year now and we do a ton of remodeling. There is the owner (he is never really on the job sites), another guy, and myself. The guy i work with deff knows his stuff and what he is doin but he sometimes has a hard time explaining stuff to me, and sometimes i cant understand (he is brazilian), i think he just sometimes gets confused on how to explain stuff to me, and he just seems to busy trying to get the job done quick to get onto the next one. We normally work on steam systems an replace steam traps and black nipples and stuff like that but sometimes my boss will do single or double family jobs for people he knows (we get 98 percent of our work from a property managment company that owns a lot of 8 story buildings, he doesnt like to deal with homeowners because he just does not have to with the amount of work we get from the management company). Instead of asking my boss heating questions i would rather find the information my self so i can understand it better on my own, and what better place to get it from than here! Thanks guys Mike

·
Registered
732 Posts
Check out heatinghelp.com

There is a literature section there with recommended reading for steam, hydronic, etc.

I always recommend pumping away by Dan holleran who is the owner of that site.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tccoggs said:
Check out heatinghelp.com There is a literature section there with recommended reading for steam, hydronic, etc. I always recommend pumping away by Dan holleran who is the owner of that site.
Thanks tc!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts