Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in biz 4 years and have had 3 different health insurance providers. Any suggestions? Small biz with 2 owners and $500k revenue. I've opted for high deductible with HSA in the past. Thanks.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I've been in biz 4 years and have had 3 different health insurance providers. Any suggestions? Small biz with 2 owners and $500k revenue. I've opted for high deductible with HSA in the past. Thanks.
There is NOTHING that we can do. There is no competetion for the Insurance & drug companies & there isn't gonna be any. We tried but all the FOLLOWERS:eek: jump on the bandwagon and get against it & shoot it down because they believe there isn't anything wrong with our system.
Just keep Paying & being a slave to them !! Just IMO...............

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
What exactly is the problem you are having? Was there something wrong with your last insurers? I am with Pekin and I pay about $2700/year and get three free physical examinations per year (1/person).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sure Gov't controlled Health Insurance will be great:rolleyes:

Don't go with Unicare, I've been with them for a long time. Last year went up 45% so I upped my deductible etc., this year? Another 45%, moved my wife and kids over to Blue Cross/Blue Shield which is taking over Unicare apparently and trying to get everyone out of the plan, can't even change it now if I wanted to.
Have to leave myself on there for now because I've been trying to figure out how to get some surgery I need(affordably) before I can move to the new policy.

Yeah I hate the insurance co's too but Obamma's plan aint the answer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
if you are generally healthy, you could go with individual plans and just let the company reimburse. The market for 2 people trying to find a group health policy is nearly non-existant. I use Golden Rule/United Health. It's ok, although i would advise you to make sure whether or not you need co-pays for dr visits or other add ons of the like. they will add a couple bucks to the policy, but it really depends how many times per year you go to the dr. BCBS generally has very competitive rates/coverage levels if you aren't scared of a higher deductible.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If the moderators of this site have a problem with this post please feel free to delete it, I'm just trying to help the OP. With that being said...

I don't want to promote another forum on this one, but lawnsite has just announced a group insurance plan for small lawn care companies. Since I don't have enough posts on this forum I can't put the actual link, but just take out the "space" lawnsite .com /benefits.php

I haven't really looked into it since I have a pretty good plan already, but it might be something you can look at.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Funny I was thinking the same thing. Maybe not trolled but he probably posted on several boards and doesn't remember which ones. Hit and run poster.

·
Super Moderator
11,936 Posts
I would love to be able to even get health insurance. Due to high cholesterol, I was turned down by BCBS, then allegedly because of that determination, nobody else will touch me.

I've been doing without for over a year!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would love to be able to even get health insurance. Due to high cholesterol, I was turned down by BCBS, then allegedly because of that determination, nobody else will touch me.

I've been doing without for over a year!
I totally agree with you. Even I had Heart problem and had taken the cashless health insurance 2 years ago. Last year when I got Heart Attack, the whole bypass charges had been paid by the Insurance company. So I think that Health Insurance is must for the Every human being.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts