Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Yes. As well as interlining between blog posts/ and pages, add hints of location elements, and associate your personal G+ profile, use a decent file name for photo uploads, correct alts with some locations to them (possible gps data).

You have some reading to do :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. the only thing you posted that im not sure of is "interlining". im in the process of naming photos and integrating them in posts as well. what is an example of a simple H1 that works with a title? one of my titles is "painting ideas for a ceiling" so im assuming a close or same H1? Thank you!

·
Registered
342 Posts
"painting ideas for a ceiling" is good for a title, and the h1 could be "When was the last time you painted your ceiling?"
The h1 usually works better as a sentence, the title usually works better as a short phrase or some keywords.

Edited to say: You don't normally want your title and h1 to be exactly the same.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I like your site by the way. I was looking at the blog, that's great.
Also, I G00gled "norwalk, ct kitchen painting tips" and you came up 3 times on the first page of search results. Nice!

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
When I said your blog title is the H1 thats how it is. You can change the page title to be different then the blog title but you shouldnt add another H1.

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
I would work a H2 into the beginning of the post as a segway from the title to the main paragraph.

All in all most of my blog posts have just the blog title. I dont fuss with anything else after that. Just solve someone;s problem and mention the area you can do it in. Thats as complicated as it really is.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts