Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't outfitted my new truck yet. It just occurred to me that I haven't even needed a rack since I bought it a few months ago, which makes me wonder if I could get away with a headache rack instead of a TracRac G2. I live in the city so my tonneau cover is important and I'd need to buy a new one to go with the TracRac.

Everything is delivered these days.

Headache rack or ladder rack?

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
I use System 1, and carry one ladder always.
I have side boxes also which were the best thing I did, especially working in the city.

·
Registered
15,297 Posts
I haven't outfitted my new truck yet. It just occurred to me that I haven't even needed a rack since I bought it a few months ago, which makes me wonder if I could get away with a headache rack instead of a TracRac G2. I live in the city so my tonneau cover is important and I'd need to buy a new one to go with the TracRac.

Everything is delivered these days.

Headache rack or ladder rack?
I just put the TracRac G2 on the truck hoping I could just remove the rear rack when not used and keep the tonneau cover. No luck it hangs off the bed by several inches. I looked into every option possible with a headache rack too in order to save the cover but it can only be done with a whole new system.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Tom M said:
Did you decide? Or did the loose headache rack change your thoughts. :laughing:
I'm thinking about this rack now:
Bicycle part Bumper
www.mainetruckracks.com

Made here in Maine and for another $80 I can get a bolt-on carrier for the rear for those times when I will need a full rack.

Gotta say, the thought ran through my mind when I saw that loose headache rack, "Well there's something a TracRac won't do."

Here's that picture, reposted to this thread too: Car Vehicle Automotive exterior Vehicle door Automotive tire

1 - 6 of 6 Posts