Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a couple weeks back about a humidifier.

Well, I decided to install one and I got a Honeywell HE100 with the digital humidistat. I put a 1/4 turn shut off valve in a water line so I can turn down the flow if a lot is running out the drain.

I wired it up as per the directions in the installation manual which are also on the humidistat mounting plate. I have the trafo wires going to terminals R & C on the humidistat, and both U terminals are going to the leads on the humidifier.

No worky-no water.

I have 24V at the trafo when the flame and fan are on. The humidistat lights up. I have the humidity level set on 60% and my current humidity level is low, so it should be calling for water.

I wired the trafo directly to the solenoid.

Now it works. The solenoid opens and closes as it is energized/de-energized.

I go and get another humidistat and install it.

No worky again-darnit!

No power at the solenoid.

I call technical support and after 1/2 hour wait, guy asks me how my dipswitches are set. I tell him I haven't got any stinking dipswitches, but he says there are two by the solenoid. I was supposed to set both of them to the left and connect the humidifier leads with a jumper wire. I thanked him and went to do it.

I can't find any dip switches anywhere!

I'm not sure what good any switches or jumper wire will do me if I can't get power to the solenoid.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance. I will be happy even for some smartass comments.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
You don't connect both of the U terminals to the humidifier. Jumper from the R terminal to 1 of the U terminals. The other U terminal runs to the humidifier. Then the wire you took out of teh U terminal you jumpered, connects to the C terminal.

The U terminals are just dry contacts.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot, Beenthere. I am now in business.

Not sure why they can't have a diagram like this on the back plate of the humidistat or in the manual.

For the record:

trafo to C & R

jumper from R to U

C and non-jumpered U to the humidifier.

Hope this helps someone out in the future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts