Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I forgot about this old post. The story got better. About three weeks ago the homeowners called saying I had the job. I was the only contractor who told them it wasn't hail damage and they shouldn't open a claim. Unfortunately they did go through with the claim and the adjuster told them the exact same thing I did. Honesty paid off for once.

·
The Dude
2,028 Posts
I hate these guys that will have the customer file an insurance claim - some will do it even if the roof isn't bad.

I've had customers that had already called insurance, and filed a claim. Adjuster comes out and approves their claim - for a minimal repair that's under their deductable, and their insurance rates go up because of the claim.

It's a BS racket ...

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
smalpierre said:
I hate these guys that will have the customer file an insurance claim - some will do it even if the roof isn't bad. I've had customers that had already called insurance, and filed a claim. Adjuster comes out and approves their claim - for a minimal repair that's under their deductable, and their insurance rates go up because of the claim. It's a BS racket ...
It's all a numbers game to a lot of these guys. They know adjusters will often approve jobs with no real evidence of damage, especially after a major storm.

·
The Dude
2,028 Posts
It's all a numbers game to a lot of these guys. They know adjusters will often approve jobs with no real evidence of damage, especially after a major storm.
All of it is a numbers game when you get down to it. These guys are just shady.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Manufacturer's defect

The pic in the opening post is of a manufacturing defect. Notice the damages in almost the same exact location on the shingles. These shingles looked ok when installed, but after normal wear and tear over the years, the defect has been exposed. This is something not covered by most insurance policy, thus most likely not paid under any claim.

SMPR

21 - 26 of 26 Posts